Roof Systems Project Management
ROOF REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE
Request More Information
Please Complete The Form
Mitigating risks and ensuring the best possible outcome for your roofing project.
NU-TEK Roof Systems - Serving NJ, NY, PA, DE, MD, MA, RI, and CT.
Roof Project Initiation
Your contact at NU-TEK will help develop a business case, defining and reviewing the project goals, timeline requirements, and cost estimates to assess the likelihood of achieving the desired outcome. We will also create a project mission statement during this stage and identify potential issues and risks.
Roof Project Planning
Once the project is approved, we will create an outline of the tasks within the timeline, noting project milestones and the resources needed to do those tasks within the budget allotted, including cost, scope, duration, quality, and communication.
We will also assemble our team based on availability and experience with the roof system and project goals.
The planning phase is the most important. Here, we create the documents that will guide the project execution.
- Safety Plan: Outlining fall protection, personal protection, occupant protection, and public protection across the entire commercial roof replacement project.
- Staging Plan: Outlining access of employees to the roof, the location of roofing equipment, and the staging areas for toilets, chutes, dumpsters, cranes, or other large on-site elements.
- Phasing Plan: A working document that outlines the anticipated daily work area for coordination with building management and occupants. This will also detail the days and times that have the greatest impact on building users, such as when the roof is being actively removed overhead or drilling of concrete for mechanical anchors is taking place.
Work breakdown structure: Breaking the job down into manageable, workable pieces that can be assigned by skill set or priority.
Risk management plan: Identifying and mitigating risks to people, property and plan.
Project schedule: Milestones and completion dates for each segment of the work breakdown structure.
Scope management plan: Controlling costs and staying on the timeline by keeping the project within the original mission and scope parameters.
Cost management plan and project budget: monitoring and reacting to changes in the spending while the project is underway.
Roof Project Execution
At this stage, the production team at NU-TEK is executing the project while adapting to changes in the environment, job details, and management. Our project manager will constantly communicate with the owner, stakeholders, customers, and teams.
Roof Project Monitoring and Control
NU-TEK will provide transparent updates regarding the project’s progress, reporting key costs, time tracking, and quality performance indicators.
NU-TEK Commercial Roofing Services Provided:
NU-TEK Roof Project Management Phases
NU-TEK assures overall success by breaking each project down into four phases.
NU-TEK works with a large variety of clients and participates in the design process as much or as little as needed to ensure the project’s success. However, our project managers have final accountability to ensure sure the design meets with building codes and other regulations.
- Concept – we will help define the needs, goals, and objectives of the project along with the high-level design of the roofing system.
- Schematic design – the schematic design is a sketch that identifies the various parts, materials, colors, etc.
- Design Development (DD) – design development includes researching the materials to use, equipment, takeoff, etc.
Once the design is complete, NU-TEK uses the information from construction drawings and documents to create a bill of materials which will specify the materials and labor that are required. Our knowledge of local building codes is critical during this stage.
During the preconstruction phase NU-TEK:
- Assigns the project manager – depending on the project scope, we may bring the project manager in earlier.
- Selects the Production Team & Crew – the NU-TEK team includes a production coordinator, who supports the project manager, and a superintendent to keep everything on schedule regarding the materials, deliveries, and equipment.
- Assesses the job site – the field team conducts a site analysis to understand the social, climatic, and demographic variables that might affect the project.
NU-TEK leverages our strategic relationship with manufacturers and distributors to purchase materials and equipment at lower costs than most other organizations.
Nu-Tek will host a preconstruction meeting to deal with work hours, the storage of materials, quality control, and site access. We will create a payment schedule and a process to deliver payments and review work orders with crews.
After the installation has been completed, the NU-TEK reviews the job with the project owner, ensuring that all their requirements have been met.
NU-TEK’s Roof Project Management Process Mitigates Common Project Risks
Like any project, construction project management is a complex undertaking with many potential points of failure. Our proven project management process controls the most common risk areas:
- Construction Risks – the risk management plan is critical to every roofing project. The risk management plan is developed, specific to each site, and based on every team member’s input, current best practices, and our experience.
- Undefined/Unmeasured Objectives – understanding the success or failure of a project requires frequent inspection and reporting. Reporting the wrong metrics can create as much of a problem as not reporting. Success criteria are defined during the project’s planning phase, and the NU-TEK project manager will report progress against those criteria.
- Scope Creep – construction projects of every kind are subject to scope creep, which can significantly and quickly impact the project budget. The NU-TEK project manager will review change orders to ensure they align with the original project scope.
- Poor communication – our project managers keep consistent track of all project resources. There will be a lot of labor, material, and equipment to manage, and a shortage of any can significantly impact project deliverables. Therefore, our PMs maintain strong engagement with project owners and stakeholders.
- Lack of Accountability – Nu-Tek project managers file a daily progress report to keep track of the job status of your construction site, reporting any gaps in deliverables.
The NU-TEK Project Management process ensures the best possible outcome for our clients in terms of safety, cost, timelines, and warranty.
Nu-Tek Commercial Roofing Services Provided:
Commercial Roof Repairs/Service
Emergency Roof Repairs
Solar Integration Support
Sloped Roof Installations
Architectural Sheetmetal Work
Waterproofing Above & Below Grade Drainage Systems
Exterior Below Grade Waterproofing
We recommend, estimate, install, and maintain the highest quality and best engineered roof systems.
Repairs & Emergency Services
We support your operations by addressing the whole roof, not the problem you are facing today. We don’t fix leaks, we maintain systems.
Our team of trained and insured professionals walk your roof and address minor issues before they become operational nightmares.
Solar Integration Support
We work with integrators, assessing and preparing roof and racking for solar system installations. Services are performed ahead of, or with the solar installation.
Let us assess your facilities ahead of the budget cycle and we can provide estimates for planning, based on your portfolio.
We inspect, repair, and replace roofs including, asphalt, metal, slate, vinyl, tile, and composite shingles. We are GAF and Owens Corning certified.
Why Choose Us
Or focus is on education and value. We spend time to explain our solutions and to demonstrate their worth.
All our employees are OSHA certified by our in-house trainers.
Our repair crews are available nights, weekends, and holidays to protect your property.
We install the highest quality systems, engineered to provide the best total value.